A certification body will assess the level of the concession compared to the principles, criteria and indicators defined in the applicable FSC standard. This can be a regional or a national standard, see applicable FSC standards. A pre-audit consist of a field- and document check in order to assess the gaps between the current situation and the certification requirements.
A typical pre-audit shall take 3-5 days depending on the logistics involved and concession surface. The maximum costs eligible for 50% co-funding of a pre-audit are circa € 5,000,- per concession. This means the contribution by the CBP will be € 2,500,-.
- Main audit
- Internal audit and expert advice
- Reduced Impact Logging training
- Consultation framework between concession holder and local communities
- High Conservation Area Forest assessment
- (Semi-)commercial partnerships between company and community foresters
- Advice on supply chain optimization
- Social training